Data Use policy
As a public-funded research infrastructure, the research data collected by SAPRIN Nodes are a public good, produced in the public interest, which should be made openly available with as few restrictions as possible in a timely and responsible manner.
Data Use Agreement
- The data and other materials provided by SAPRIN will not be redistributed or sold to other individuals, institutions, or organizations without the written agreement of SAPRIN.
- The data will be used for statistical and scientific research purposes only. They will be used solely for reporting of aggregated information, and not for investigation of specific individuals or organisations. The Data User will neither use nor permit others to use the data in any way other than listed in the original application (Analysis Plan) for access to the dataset.
- No attempt will be made to re-identify respondents, and no use will be made of the identity of any person or establishment discovered inadvertently. Any such discovery should immediately be reported to SAPRIN.
- No attempt will be made to produce links among datasets provided by SAPRIN, or among data from SAPRIN and other datasets that could identify individuals or organizations.
- The Data User will ensure that the data are kept in a secured environment and that only authorized users have access to the data.
- Any books, articles, conference papers, theses, dissertations, reports, or other publications that employ data obtained from SAPRIN will cite the source of data in accordance with the Citation Requirement provided with each dataset.
- An electronic copy of all reports and publications based on the requested data will be sent to SAPRIN.
- The original collector of the data, SAPRIN, and relevant funding agencies bear no responsibility for use of the data or for interpretations or inferences based upon such uses.
- Once the data set has served its indicated purpose it must be destroyed. If the dataset needs to be lodged for publication purposes, a reference (a digital object identifier will be maintained by SAPRIN for this purpose) to the original dataset on the SAPRIN data repository should be used. Derived or aggregated datasets produced from the original dataset do not fall within this provision and may be lodged as publication datasets. If the same dataset is needed for a different purpose, the dataset should be re-requested and the new purposes indicated.